Does TestAPI support Silverlight?

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Hello,

could you please elucidate, is that correct that TestAPI does    not    support Silverlight?

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Seems I'll answer by my self - I've managed to access some controls (actually only buttons so far) in my Silverlight application. The 1-st issue I met  was null app.MainWindow right after application start. Had to add 3 second pause after browser launch to get it not null, a bit mysterious for me.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM

NLord, sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

The answer to your question has two parts: TestApi is UI framework agnostic, so you can use most of its facilities to test any application (Win32, WinForms, Silverlight, etc.). Some facilities don't work for Silverlight and unmnanaged applications, notably the WPF dispatcher helper APIs (they are WPF specific) and the fault injection API (which is .NET CLR specific). Note, however, that while Silverlight is cross-platform, TestApi is not cross-platform (yet), so you won't be able to use it for tests you run on the Mac.

Regarding the 3-second wait issue you mention -- we will take a look at this, and make the call to MainWindow "synchronous".

Ivo