Upgrading Tests.sln to visual studio 2010 compatible format breaks build

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Build breaks because ObjectComparer object in Tests/ObjectComparisonTests.cs (Line 50).  I have lost a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamSystem.Data.UnitTesting in the Tests project for Tests.sln in the Samples\MSTest folder.  Does anyone have an easy fix for this? 

Version TestApi 0.6 

I'm surprised this project is built in VS 2005.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM

@Smacky:

Can you elaborate on what is breaking? Are the samples breaking or do you see a break in the actual product code?

Ivo

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

@ivom

The sample for MSTest breaks.  The main project, TestApi, works and builds fine after the upgrade.  The "Tests.sln" for MSTest solution fails to build.  The error is:

"Error 1 Using the generic type 'System.Collections.Generic.ObjectComparer<T>' requires 1 type arguments [...]TestAPI\TestApi 0.6\Samples\MSTest\Tests\ObjectComparisonTests.cs 50 13 Tests"

After a quick glance into the Tests project References folder I noticed that "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamSystem.Data.UnitTesting" reference is lost.  I cannot locate a this assembly in the .NET tab in visual studio 2010. 

My guess is that this assembly is no longer used in VS 2010, but I just don't know.  I am using VS 2010 Ultimate. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Just a quick followup note that we will be fixing this issue shortly.

Thanks for calling this out -- our bad -- we should have caught this.

Ivo